Document Control (DCNext™)Workflows That Bring Teams Together
An Infusion Of Innovation For Document Control
ProjectReady’s commitment to connected collaboration across project teams is the fuel that drives DCNext™, an innovative, retail-centric document control solution. With DCNext, essential document control functions and responsibilities are as easy as filling out a guided form and adding the content you need from connected systems to our easy-to-use Content Cart.
Easily register content to the project from Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Autodesk BIM360, the Autodesk Construction Cloud, Procore, PlanGrid, or Box, route it around for review and approval and submit, track, and monitor RFIs, Change Orders, Submittals, and more. DCNext is the AEC’s answer to collaborative project information management that maximizes the value of your existing systems while tracking transactional data for accountability and accuracy.
Keep reading to learn more about our advanced document control features.
How We Improved Document Control For The AEC
At a high level, ProjectReady makes it easy for team members to:
- Quickly find the right project mailbox in Outlook.
- Add critical metadata that persists to the ProjectReady project to facilitate search and reporting.
- Drag and drop emails to file directly to the project and share with others on the team.
- Seamlessly manage email and their attachments as a part of the document control process via ProjectReady’s Outlook Add-ins.
- Pull together content from across connected systems quickly within a user-friendly dynamic interface, attach selected content to an email message, and send the content directly from ProjectReady’s Connect & Attach solution.
- Search and report on emails in the project and across your portfolio.
ProjectReady users also have the option to launch new Bluebeam Studio sessions directly from ProjectReady outside of a workflow. This method allows users to route new content to the appropriate library, capture metadata, and save commented versions of your documents.
At the end of the day, workflows are a form of structured collaboration. In fact, we believe that “workflow” and “collaboration” go hand in hand while allowing one workflow to easily flow into the next – without duplicate data entry. DCNext allows customers across the AEC to work and collaborate on content like contracts and drawings in a way that makes sense while keeping efficiency and productivity top-of-mind.
Then, as the need presents itself, easily move content from one workflow to another without having to enter information in again, search for and select content multiple times, reapply metadata, and more. For example, with DCNext, you can register a request for information quickly, assign it out to be reviewed, and then change order request – all while capturing comments, sending out notifications to the appropriate team members, and moving the project forward efficiently.
Those working across Procore and Autodesk have even greater functionality thanks to ProjectReady’s Workbridge. Our tool actually allows teams to collaborate in different systems on the same RFIs – going even further to eliminate duplicate data entry while allowing team members to work in the system they prefer.
- Register Content – A structured way to formally recognize documents, apply metadata, and and begin other document control workflows
- Review – Allows the selection of documents from connected systems for review and comment across the project team
- Approvals – Lets users select documents from connected systems for review and, ultimately, approval of authoritative content
- RFI – Allows you to manage inbound and outbound requests for information
- Submittal – Lets users upload emails and attachments for approval and facilitates distribution and closure
- Change Order Requests – Captures documentation and maintains a record relevant to inbound change order requests
Stop wondering if you or others on your team are working with the most current information. Instead, start synchronizing content from one system to another and put your mind with ease.
With ProjectReady, users can easily sync content from one system to another. An easy-to-use wizard guides you through the mapping process, which allows folders, documents, and data to instantly flow across the content management systems your team depends on to store project information. Content sync ensures that everybody is always working from the most recent version of a document at any given time.
With ProjectReady, you can easily map folders and documents across Autodesk BIM 360, Autodesk Construction Cloud, Procore, PlanGrid, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.